We want to change the way that entrepreneurial Cambridge alumni view, use and contribute to each other’s work and purposes in life. We believe there is tremendous value in sharing, helping and working with other alumni, current undergraduates, and others, both locally and globally.
Camentreprenuers started in 2017 with the purpose to:
- Support business and social entrepreneurship among Cambridge University alumni, current students and others.
- Inspire and assist its members to start, grow and invest in outstanding businesses by providing a structure that allows them to share their knowledge, experiences and networks
- Bring together positive minded alumni and others who want to work together to support enterprise, whether as entrepreneurs, investors, students or service providers.
Camentrepreneurs exists to serve and help others. Our value lies in the idea that if everyone gives more than they get, everyone gets more than they give. If you want to read more about our goals, purpose and values, you can find this here.
Who is Camentrepreneurs for?
This group is for entrepreneurial alumni who have started a business (and/or want to) and would like to:
- Network with other alumni;
- Help students; or
- Otherwise get involved.
- To facilitate and encourage transfer of know how and capital to from successful businesspeople among the alumni of Cambridge University to current entrepreneurial students;
- To give current students access to role models among entrepreneurial alumni who can help transmit the message that business success is possible;
- To celebrate the business success of alumni. and the sense that the current generation of students appreciate and value entrepreneurial success;
- To work with and encourage existing alumni associations to include entrepreneurship support in their activities;
- To provide a business friendly environment where students from different universities can meet and get to know each other, and develop their networks;
- To encourage Student Societies to support business and social entrepreneurship among their members.
- Entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship are our top priority. We recognise the role of investors, professional service providers, the alumni office, speakers, sponsors, venues and partners.
- We aim to bring together positive minded Cambridge alumni and others who want to work together to support enterprise, whether as entrepreneurs, investors or service providers.
- Camentrepreneurs wants to inspire and assist its members to start, grow, invest in, buy and sell outstanding businesses by providing a structure that allows them to share their knowledge, experience and networks.
- We aim to support entrepreneurship outside our organisation, whether with entrepreneurship support societies among current students or in partnership with external organisations and individuals.
- We want to broaden and deepen the Cambridge alumni network of entrepreneurs and others.
- We want to highlight and spread the word about the entrepreneurial successes of Cambridge Alumni and encourage others to either support or emulate them.